Sunday, May 30, 2010

That's My Grandpa

What a fun weekend we all shared for your birthday! It was great to see you and Grandma. I got the chance to create a short memory video for your party. It was a lot of fun to look through those pictures and honor your life so far. Thanks for letting me do that for you. It meant a lot to me and I got to know you even better through all of those pictures. Also a few more thanks...

Thanks for loving Grandma soo much. Your example of marriage will always be something that I hope to pattern my own marriage after. You two look for ways to serve and take care of each other. And you are not shy about kissing her and holding her hand. How cute of You!

Thanks for teaching my Dad to be who he is. His honesty, work ethic and kindness towards others didn't come by accident.

Thanks for teaching us about Redfish Lake!

Thanks for smelling like Old Spice - I love it! I even try to buy Trevor the same stuff so that he can smell like you!

Thanks for your warm smile. It is so welcoming and loving. I can see it now.

Thanks for being so sweet to Easton. He is a little bit nervous around you, becasue he doesn't know you very well. But you didn't give up. You kept teasing and talking to himuntil he got to know you a little bit better. That meant a lot to me.

Thanks for not being afraid to tell us that you LOVE us. Not all men do that as often as you do.

Thanks for wearing flannel - It feel so good when I hug you.

Thanks for being my Grandpa. I am not just saying that.I really feel lucky to have you in my life.

I Love you!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment