Tuesday, June 15, 2010


I love this picture - for so many reasons. First, because I love you.  Second, because I love Redfish Lake - but mostly, because I love that our family has had years of a strong foundation underneath it. This picture is such a sweet moment - one that shows you were not just a Grandpa. You have been so much more. It's like a little flash I get into your life - you were just like us! I like to sit and try to figure out what you were talking about.... :)  Were you arguing, or just catching up... I can't imagine you and Grandma arguing... so it had to be something else :)

Those years, that you put in as a father and husband are directly related to my life.  You taught my dad how to be a dad. And you taught him how to be a husband. You have always been so good to Grandma. I know there must have been times that were hard, because we are all human, and I remember at one of your anniversary celebrations you talking about how marriage is hard, and at times you have to grab someone to keep them from walking out the door.  I was a teenager at the time, but I still remember you saying it. 

You have been so good to all of us.  You have given us the best thing that you could - yourself. Your presence.  We are all so lucky to have things like Redfish Lake.  And we don't just love it because of the cold water. We love it because of who we share it with.  I am so blessed that you have been there - a presence in my life.  By example, you have taught us what a family is.  You have shown us what it means.  No one will ever doubt that you loved us. And we are all better for it.

Thank you - I love you too.

Adnarim


No comments:

Post a Comment