Friday, June 11, 2010

Something Dead


On the 80th birthday party weekend I was setting up the projector screen and the slide projector in my basement. Mom & Dad Sherri and David was there and we started to look at some of the slides to make sure I knew what I was doing. David kept chanting in the background show me something dead , show me something dead. Alot of the slides are of camping and hunting trips and family reunions on the river. And if the slides of the salmon fishing that took place on the river were proof enough. The wall family caught there share of salmon. But one of the pictures that I thought was interesting was this one of David and something dead.


I remember hunting pheasants in Rupert, pheasants seemed to be hiding in every clump of weeds you could find. I don't think we thought about it then but we didn't need hunting dogs we had the Wall boys. David, Me, Matt, Steve & Jeff and I think we were as good as any dog, they just turned us loose and we broke through any brush we could, hoping to chase out any legal rooster we could find.


But back to the picture of David with the pheasants, look at the shotgun I think in todays world that is an expensive shotgun let alone how many years ago when it was purchased. That gun is still in the Wall family. I called and asked Dad how much he spent for it 400.00 dollars it is Italian made and the model is a Daikon.


enjoy the pictures


Curtis


No comments:

Post a Comment